Northern and Basin Area Road Resealing Program
This program will be undertaken in the following locations commencing Monday 20 March 2017. Weather permitting, this work will be completed by Monday 10 April 2017. Further information may be obtained by contacting Will Lynch on 4406 2000.
- Bangalee: Coconut Dr.
- Bomaderry: Judith Dr.
- Callala Beach: Centre St, Quay Rd.
- Cambewarra: Nooramunga Ave.
- Culburra Beach: Ingle Ring, The Marina Access Rd, Wentworth St.
- Falls Creek: Jervis Bay Rd.
- North Nowra: Balmaringa Ave, Illaroo Rd, Nunkeri Pl, Peak Ave, Yurunga Dr.
- Nowra: Osborne St, Salisbury Dr.
- Nowra Hill: Braidwood Rd.
- Sanctuary Point: Edmund St, Frederick St.
- South Nowra: Albatross Rd.
- Tomerong: Cambourne Rd, Evelyn Rd, Pine Forest Rd, Port Jervis Rd, Turpentine Rd.
- Wollumboola: Coonemia Rd.
- Worrigee: Illawarra Crt, Lilac Cl.
Agars Lane – Pavement construction is complete and is scheduled for sealing once weather conditions permit. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Princes Highway / Wallaroy Drive Intersection - Approximately 175m of Shared User Pathway is under construction which the RMS will link up to on completion of the bridge works. For further information please call 4429 8902.
Various drainage projects have been delayed due to the weather. Construction is currently scheduled to resume on 27 March. These projects are around Bay St, Chapman St and Morton St area. For further information please contact the Northern District Office on 4429 3821.
Lake Conjola Entrance Road - Roadworks are continuing. During the works Havilland Street will be temporarily closed to traffic and Conjola Park access and egress will be restricted to Kurrajong Crescent. For further information please call 4429 8902
Culburra Road - Road pavement reconstruction from Coonemia intersection and road widening for safety improvement with works crew currently on site. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Greenbank Gove - Road rehabilitation works are scheduled to be undertaken from 20 – 28 March 2017. Sealing of the road will occur during the following week. The project is 210m in length and will involve removal of the existing pavement, installation of sub-soil drainage and construction of a new road pavement, along Greenbank Grove between the intersections of Wollumboola Lane and Parks Street. A detour will be in place on Greenbank Grove directing traffic along Carlton Crescent for the duration of the works. Should you have any enquiries please contact Simon Holt on 4429 3817.
Prince Edward Avenue – Road Rehabilitation works are currently being undertaken and due for completion by 7 April (weather permitting). The works consist of 455m of full width pavement reconstruction between The Lake Circuit and Eastwood Ave (#145 to #146). For the duration of the works Prince Edward Ave at times will be closed from The Lake Circuit to Eastwood Ave. Resident access will be via Canal and Brighton Pde, with through traffic detoured via Penguins Head Road. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Currarong Road - 560m of road pavement and shoulder currently under construction by a contractor. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Dowling Street – Gravel resheeting is being carried out to the eastern section. For further information please call 4406 2000.
Winnima Lane – Pavement and shoulder sealing adjacent to the new kerb and gutter construction at Nowra St / Beach St corner, are scheduled to be completed in March. For further information please call 4406 2000.
Currarong Road - Council engaged a contractor to undertake full pavement rehabilitation on Currarong Road for approximately 500m as well as approximately 3500sqm of heavy patching in close proximity to this site. For further Information please contact 4406 2003.
Matron Porter Drive – Shared User Path Stage 3 from Frogs Holla Sports Grounds to Sungrove Lane (425m - 2.5m wide) is in progress. For further information please call 4429 8902.
Stewart Place – Modifications to the carpark entrance and exit around the bus interchange area are currently underway. There will be no construction work from 8 to 25 April. For further information please contact the Northern District Office on 4429 3821.
Kingsford Smith Cres – A concrete footpath is currently being constructed from Idlewild Ave to Paradise Beach Road. Construction is nearing completion. For further information please call 4406 2000.
McIntosh St – Construction of a concrete footpath is commencing week ending 17 March. This will link together existing footpaths in Matthews St and Bolt St. For further information please contact the Northern District Office on 4429 3821.
Flinders Road - The route upgrade and roundabout construction works are jointly funded by the Federal Government’s Black Spot, Roads to Recovery and Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity Programmes and the NSW Government’s Rural and Regional Roads Fund with an overall budget of $6.75M that has many components such as moving underground services, tree clearing and road construction. The route upgrade works involve the widening and upgrade of Flinders Road between Norfolk Avenue and Nowra Creek bridge to produce a 13m wide sealed road with kerb and gutter and drainage throughout. While the roundabout construction involves the construction of 2 concrete roundabouts (a primary and a secondary) with blister and splitter islands. All components of the work will also feature improved street lighting at the existing intersections. For further information please contact 4429 3224.
Quinns Lane and Old Southern Road Intersection - Works are progressing on the roundabout construction at the Quinns Lane and Old Southern Road intersection. Wet weather and service relocation works will delay completion of the project until April. Centre island works are planned over the coming weeks that will allow the intersection to start working as a roundabout. Traffic control measures will continue to minimise disruption to the flow of traffic. Your understanding while this project is undertaken is appreciated. For queries, please call 4429 3224.
Evelyn Road - Road pavement upgrade nearing completion in preparation for bitumen sealing. For further information please call 4406 2000.
South Street and Jubilee Avenue - Council will be constructing a new roundabout at the intersection of South Street and Jubilee Avenue, incorporating a new entrance to the adjoining carpark. The roadworks have begun and will continue to late May (weather permitting) during which time South Street, Jubilee Avenue and the adjoining carpark access will be closed at the work site. Access to residents will be maintained throughout the project. Your understanding while the project is undertaken is appreciated. For queries, please call 4429 3224.
Illfracombe Ave and Plantation Point Pde – Minor kerb and gutter works during March. For further information please call 4406 2000.
Culburra Road - Road rehabilitation works commenced 30 January and are scheduled to be complete by 10 April 2017 (weather permitting). The works consist of 1.2km of full width pavement reconstructions and the construction of adjacent shoulders from Coonemia Road to the previously completed rehabilitation works to the East. Please exercise caution and abide by road works speed limits when driving on unsealed surfaces to avoid traffic incidents and pavement damage. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Worrowing Heights / Vincentia
Naval College Road - Limited to between Pine Forest Road and Seagrass Avenue. Works will include road shoulder widening and sealing. The project construction activities are expected to start in mid Feb 2017 and it is expected to be completed by the end of July 2017. Traffic will not be hindered with traffic control provided at all times of the works. For further information please contact 4429 3405.
Naval College Road - Pruning of low hanging branches between Huskisson Road turnoff and Cross-Roads Round-a-bout, and from Cross-Roads Round-a-bout to Erowal Bay turnoff will be carried out late March. For further information please call 4406 2000.
Road Embankment Stabilisation and Associated Works
For further information please contact 4429 3302.
Council has engaged a contractor to undertake a number of repairs to road embankments on numerous roads. The works program may be adjusted to unexpected conditions and wet weather. Traffic control will be in place during the works and motorists short expect some delays. These are outlined below:
- Wattamolla Road (Indicative Works Program 6 March 2017 to 14th March 2017) Roadworks to stabilise two small sites affected by landslips at Wattamolla Road. This will be achieved by the use of general earthworks, subsoil drains, surface drains and rock/ backfill. This will require the reconstruction and reshaping of the road and upgrading the existing drainage upslope to ensure that surface water does not flow overland across the road pavement. One site will include installation of a reinforced concrete pile system on the downslope side of the road formation to prevent further regression of the pavement embankment. Link to Location Map (PDF 909kb)
- Woodhill Mountain Road / Brogers Creek Road / Wattamolla Road Intersection (Indicative Works Program 15 March 2017 to 31 March 2017) Shoulder widening and bitumen resealing will be undertaken to make improvements to the sight distance at this intersection. Linemarking and signage will be installed on completion of the works.
- Burrier Road (Indicative Works Program 3 April 2017 to 14 April 2017) Roadworks to stabilise a small landslip on Burrier Road. This will be achieved by the use of general earthworks, subsoil drains, surface drains and construction of a concrete retaining wall. Link to Location Map (PDF 889kb)
- Foremans Road (Indicative Works Program 17 April 2017 to 28 April 2017) The objective of the work is to stabilise two small sites affected by landslips at Foremans Road. This will be achieved by the use of general earthworks, reconstruction and reshaping of the road and upgrading the existing drainage upslope to ensure that surface water does not flow overland across the road pavement. Link to Location Map (PDF 835kb)
- Green Valley Road (Indicative Works Program 28 April 2017 to 4 May 2017) The objective of the work is to stabilise a small site affected by collapse of the road embankment. This will be achieved by the use of general earthworks and the installation of a surface drain. Link to Location Map (PDF 836kb)
- Kangaroo Valley Road (Indicative Works Program 4 May 2017 to 8 May 2017) The objective of the work is to clear a small site affected by debris flows at Kangaroo Valley Road. This will be achieved by the use of general earthworks and clearing out of the table drain to prevent a further build-up of debris occurring and surface runoff across the pavement. Link to Location Map (PDF 898kb)
- Mount Scanzi Road, Bunkers Hill Road and Browns Mountain Road (Indicative Works Program 4 May 2017 to 8 May 2017) The objective of the work is to repair roads damaged during wet weather and storms and will commence shortly, weather permitting.
Back to Top
Beach Road - Works are scheduled for commencement early April 2017 for full pavement rehabilitation of approximately 1.2km from Harley Hill Road to Toolijoola Road. For further information please call 4406 2003.
Greenwell Point Road - Road rehabilitation works are scheduled to be undertaken from 26 April - 30 June 2017. The works consist of 940m of full width pavement reconstruction and construction of adjacent shoulders, from adjacent to # 584 to 180m East of Mayfield Road. During the works Mayfield Road intersection will be closed for up to 3 weeks. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Coolangatta Road and Bolong Road - Council wishes to advise that roadworks will commence late March/early April (weather permitting) on the upgrade of the final section of Coolangatta Road, and on improvements to the Bolong Road and Coolangatta Road intersection. The works are expected to be completed by August (weather permitting). Works will be undertaken by a contractor. Variable Message Boards advising of the works will be placed near Berry, on Gerroa Road north of Coolangatta Road, and on Bolong Road south of Coolangatta Road. Traffic control will be in place during construction. Please note that Council has also written to the Community Forums of Berry and Shoalhaven Heads, and Emergency Services concerning the works, and will be issuing a Media Release for the relevant papers and websites. Your understanding while this project is undertaken is appreciated. If you need any further information about this matter, contact Steve Barry, Project Manager, Assets & Works Group on (02) 4429 3409.
Click to Review the Environmental Factors.
Woodburn Road - Tree clearing works are scheduled to be undertaken from 27 March 2017- 7th April 2017, weather permitting. Traffic control measures will be in place during the works with minor delays expected. The work is being carried out by an external contractor and all residents and affected services have been contacted. If you have any further enquires please contact the project's Contract Officer on (02) 4429 3221.
St Georges Basin
Island Point Road - Footpath and kerb and gutter upgrade fronting the Shops, from The Village Green to Anson Street, will commence Monday 3 April 2017. Weather permitting, this work will be completed in June 2017. For further information contact Phil Critchley, Central District Engineer on 4406 2000.
Sussex Inlet Road - Roads Works are scheduled to be undertaken adjacent to 802 Sussex Inlet Road from 26 April - 19 May 2017. Works will be undertaken to raise the level of the existing pavement prior to the construction of a new culvert. For further information please call the Roads Engineer on 4406 2000.
Back to Top
RECENTLY COMPLETED WORKS
Croobyar Road – Road repair works and resealing. For further information please call 4429 8902.
Ocean Street – Road repair works & resealing. For further information please call 4429 8902.
Sussex Inlet Road - Widening of road shoulders, double spray sealing of the entire road and line marking with audible lines has been completed in February 2017.
Lakehaven Drive Carpark - Refurbishment of the entire carpark including better access for disabled carpark has been completed in February 2017.
The Springs Road - Widening of road shoulders, improved underground and surface drainage system, travel lines repair and reconstruction, construction of one kerb and gutter and footpath on critical road segment with double spay sealing and line marking has been completed in February 2017.
Back to Top