Grow your career and love the lifestyle...
If you are a local student at school, TAFE or university and are seeking some valuable ‘hands on’ experience/exposure to a career or job of interest, then a work experience placement could be arranged with us.
School students need to arrange their work experience placement through their Careers Advisor. Other students need to apply in writing telling us about the placement relevance to their studies and when placement is required or preferred. All students need to provide evidence they are covered by Insurance Indemnity
We will seek to meet the requests wherever possible, however it will depend on whether the relevant division has the resources available to accommodate the placement.
Traineeships, apprenticeships and cadetships
Shoalhaven City Council have always been committed to training the youth and unemployed in the local area and helps by hosting a variety of trade apprenticeships and traineeships in a diverse range of areas.
Trade apprenticeships (usually 4 years of training):
- Horticulture (Parks and Gardens/Turf Management/Nursery/Landscape)
- Electrical and Communications
Traineeships (usually 1-2 years of training)
- Horticulture (Arboriculture)
- Business Administration
- Library and Information Services
- Human Resources
- Accountings and Finance
- Health and Fitness
- Tourist Parks Operations
Benefits for trainees, apprentices and cadets
The benefits and working conditions we offer our trainees, apprentices and employees include:
- Valuable on-the-job training with experienced people
- Job rotation into various sections of Council broadening your experience base
- Generous starting salary plus annual pay increment depending on performance
- Financial assistance towards University or TAFE enrolments fees
- Paid study leave to attend lectures, tutorials and exams