In 2014 Council established the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee.
The purpose of the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee is:
- To direct the development and implementation of the Revitalisation Strategy for the Nowra CBD and review as appropriate.
- To determine overall capital works programs established by the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy, as amended from time to time.
- To agree an annual capital works budget with council
- To identify and approve all expenditure of funds identified in the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy, additional funds allocated by council for capital expenditure in the Nowra CBD including any loans, grants or from funds from any other source.
- To act as a communication conduit between Council and the CBD stakeholders in respect to the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy with appropriate support from council as required.
- Assist council in advocating the adopted CBD Revitalisation Strategy to the community.
- Provide a report to council each year outlining progress towards achieving the goals set out in the CBD Revitalisation Strategy together with any recommendations for updating the Revitalisation Strategy.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders as needed.
There is currently a vacancy for one (1) community member of the committee who is not a CBD business operator or landowner.
Council is now seeking nominations from suitably qualified and committed people to fill the position. Please refer to the Committee's Terms of Reference (PDF, 67kb).
Nominations close at 5.00pm on Friday 18 September 2015.
Please nominate by completing the expression of interest form below addressing the following selection criteria:
Selection Criteria for a Community Member
- Must not own property or a business that operates in the Nowra CBD
- Must commit to represent the interests of the boarder community/users of the Nowra CBD
- Time to commit to the Committee meetings and other times between meetings
- Acceptance of the Terms of Reference and willing to work within those frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of the role CBD's play in the economy of a community
- Demonstrated commitment to the implementation of the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy
- Previous experience in working on groups/committees that deliver outcomes
Enquires should be directed to Mr Michael Park - Planner, Shoalhaven City Council on 4429 3596 or email