There are many ways your business can become more sustainable while also reducing costs and material.
- Save Energy and be resource effiicent. See the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage website to help businesses.
- Low Carbon Australia offer energy efficient equipment to businesses small and large. If you don't have the capital for big upgrades you know you should make, your business can lease the equipment!
- The Energy Efficiency Exchange is a joint initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments.
- Shoal Water has many tips and tools to help you save water and reduce the costs to your business.
- Reducing waste is an important part of business operations and sustainability - waste accounts for a large percentage of costs and reduction can save businesses thousands.
- What else could your business recycle? This comprehensive recycling directory covers recycling services for just about anything: from coffee grounds to bricks to office furniture plus more!
Procurement is often overlooked as a way to remain sustainable - can you save money by buying green?
Often selective procurement will lead to reduction in waste and transport costs as well as other benefits like local purchase.