Grow your business and love the lifestyle
Whether you are looking for a sea or tree change or to grow your business or professional career in a natural and family friendly environment, the Productive Shoalhaven (new window).
The Shoalhaven is one of the closest strings of coastal villages to Sydney and contains the regional centres of Nowra and Ulladulla. Over the next few years, the Shoalhaven will offer incredible business opportunities. The area has a population over 100,000 - only limited other regional areas in Australia have that size customer and business base – and it remains one of the fastest growing in Australia.
Here country values meets city sophistication; you can enjoy a great cup of coffee, a fine dining or winery experience, see a play, concert or sporting match, send your kids to good schools, grow your business with quality employees and business networks - and still enjoy a community where people know your name.
The Productive Shoalhaven (new window) is your business resource for the Shoalhaven. Maintained by Shoalhaven City Council's Economic Development Office, this comprehensive website assists business to grow and develop.
LIVE & PLAY
WORK & BUSINESS
DOING BUSINESS HERE
GUIDELINES TO BOOKING:
JELLY BEAN PARK OPEN SPACE
Purpose : Jelly Bean Park, one of the few open spaces in the heart of Nowra CBD is available to promote business and community groups/events located or based in the Shoalhaven Local Government Area.These Guidelines are to inform users on the requirements to book this space.
Location : Jelly Bean Park is located in Nowra in the area between Egan’s Lane and the ‘Woolworths’ car park in the CBD.
- Jelly Bean Park is open to be booked for promotional purposes by any business, industry sector, and community group or not for profit organisation based in the Shoalhaven.
- The booking entity must have a current Shoalhaven address or membership base, proof may be required if necessary.
- Jelly Bean Park has the capability to host a number of groups at any one time. This means that you may be displaying along with other users.
Bookings are encouraged to:
- promote locally produced/manufactured goods or services
- promote local charities
- promote local campaigns, events, or activities
- combine with other businesses or groups
- activate the CBD by encouraging participation and involvement of general public.
Responsibilities of booking entity:
- Insurance – Stall holders must hold current public liability insurance ($20M) and provide Council with an electronic copy prior to the use of Jelly Bean Park. In general community groups should also hold $20M in public liability insurance.
- Waste Management - You will be responsible for waste management in association with your event.
- Traffic & Pedestrians - Pedestrian access throughout Jelly Bean Park must not be impeded in any way. Pedestrians must not be harassed by stallholders. Harassment includes impeding pedestrian travel, haranguing or following pedestrians.
- Gardens - Users of Jelly Bean Park must not place any goods or structures of any kind in any of the gardens
- Parking in Egans Lane - Refer to Guidelines in regards to parking in Egans Lane
- Food Stalls - The sale of food and cooking on site in Jelly Bean Park is generally prohibited. This is because of the proximity of a number of retail food outlets.
- Power - Limited power is available at the site. However prior notice must be given for access to be provided. All electrical equipment used must be tagged and tested.
- Procedure to Operate -
- Bookings are for partial space within the area. Where multiple bookings occur, allocation of space is to be mutually arranged.
- Each individual entity is limited to 8 bookings per calendar month and not more than 3 consecutive days in any one booking.
- For the benefit of all not for profit community groups and charities, Council reserves the right to refuse to allow more than one charity group at Jelly Bean Park at any one time
Council reserves the right to refuse any entity permission to display in Jelly Bean Park and can modify or amend these guidelines at any time
Booking Process - To book a stall at Jelly Bean Park, please contact the Council’s Economic Development Office on 4429 3388 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read the full Guidelines to Booking Jelly Bean Park Open Space