Shoalhaven City Council has a strong track record of attracting major sports events to the Shoalhaven region, all of which boost the local economy, recent examples include Country Rugby League - State Titles 2013, NSW Women's Bowling Ass 84th State Carnival, PGA Pro AM Legends Tour, Surf Life Saving NSW Country Championships 2014, Swimming NSW Country Regional Meet, Hobie 16 World Championships 2014, Xterra Asia Pacific Australia Championships 2014 and many more.
Events for 2013 brought in over $2 million of economic benefit to the Shoalhaven region, with another $4 million secured for 2014.
We are strategically focused to bring many and varied events to the region over the future years.
Council values highly the benefits of sport to the community. Our aspiring champions are exposed to elite standards; our clubs and associations gain expertise and cash injection, and the local economy benefits. This is great for the whole of the Shoalhaven region!
Raising the profile of sport and developing sports tourism opportunities will improve on our current position and provide greater opportunities for all.
A key component of the strategy is the opportunity for local business and community leaders to support major sports events. We will do this through partnerships that provide mutual financial and community benefits for all involved.
Council has sponsorship and marketing opportunities for local business to partner with Council in bringing a variety of exciting and high profile events to the Shoalhaven. For further information contact Council's Events Manager, Ms Emire Farrar (02) 4429 3561 or by email.
Thanking Council's Sports Tourism Partners 2014
Events being supported through the Sports Tourism Program for 2014
- Swimming NSW Regional Meet
- Surf Life Saving NSW Country Championships
- Hobie 16 World Championships
- Xterra Asia Pacific Championships
- Outrigging NSW OC1 OC2 State Titles and OC6Regional Series
- South Coast Open Taekwondo Championships
- NSW Bowls State Seniors Inter Zone Championships
- NSW Women's Bowls 85th State Carnival
- NSW Country Rugby U12, 13 & 18's Championships
- AFL NSW/ ACT Shoalhaven Inter League Carnival
- Cycling NSW Team Time Trials
- Shoalhaven Gran Fondo
- Netball NSW Masters Championships
- NSW Coastal Conference
For further information about events in the Shoalhaven visit Shoalhaven Holidays.