Shoalhaven City Council wins 'Overall Environmental Management' in the World Environment Day Awards 2014
Shoalhaven City Council is proud of the extensive Environmental Management program that we are able to offer our community. This program recently won a United Nations Association of Australia award. Some of the key projects which were recognised include:
- Shoalhaven City Council received a commendation in the Public Engagement and Community Planning Category at the Planning Institute of Australia’s NSW Division Planning Excellence Awards.
- Shoalhaven City Council received a ‘Highly Commended’ Award at the Local Government Managers Australia 2012 Management Excellence Awards. The award category was for Excellence in Leadership and Innovation for Rural Councils.
- hoalhaven City Council was awarded as a Finalist in the 2011 Australian Road Safety Awards - Local Government Initiatives and Schools Program. The award was for the Skilled or Killed Young Driver Safety (SKYDS) program.
- Shoalhaven City Council received a ‘Highly Commended’ Award at the Local Government Excellence in the Environment Awards following a highly successful Green and Gold Bell Frog protection program.
- The Rennies Beach Bushcare group were recognised for their ongoing regeneration works after receiving the Keep Australia Beautiful South Coast Region Environmental Protection Award.
- Council received three Awards at the 2011 Planning Institute of Australia NSW Division Planning Excellence Awards including the President’s Award, the highest honour of the night.
- Shoalhaven City Council joined Shellharbour, Wollongong, Wingecarribee and Kiama Councils in receiving the Council Partnership Award at the 2011 NSW Local Government Aboriginal Network Conference held in Dubbo.
- Council’s Bushcare program was recognised at the 2011 NSW Landcare Awards held in Parkes.
- 2011 - Cemeteries and Crematoria Association NSW Excellence Award for Services to the Industry
- 2011 - NSW State Emergency Service - Commissioners Certificate of Appreciation - Recognition of the outstanding operational assistance during the windstorm in the Shoalhaven Area on 5 September 2010.
- 2011 - Australian Website Award - Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre for the Australian South Eastern Region.
- 2011 - Group Training Host Employer Safety Award.
- 2010 Aquatic and Recreation Institute Orimatech Award for Excellence – Kevin Norwood
- 2010 - Keep Australia Beautiful South Coast Region – Clean Beach Challenge 2010 - Litter Prevention Award – Huskisson Beach - Highly Commended – For installation of large gross pollutant net and the entrance to the beach at the wharf.