If you are a local student at school, TAFE or university and are seeking some valuable ‘hands on’ experience/exposure to a career or job of interest, then a work experience placement might be for you.
All of our Work Experience placements FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS will be advertised under Current Vacancies. School students need to discuss their work experience plans with their Careers Advisor and submit an application online including a cover letter and resume.
If you are not a local high school student please use the Work Experience Expression of Interest form to submit your enquiry.
Traineeships, Apprenticeships and Cadetships
Shoalhaven City Council have always been committed to training the youth and unemployed in the local area and helps by hosting a variety of trade apprenticeships and traineeships in a diverse range of areas. All of our opportunities are advertised through HVTC Shoalhaven.
Trade Apprenticeships (usually 4 years of training):
- Horticulture (Parks and Gardens/Turf Management/Nursery/Landscape)
- Electrical and Communications
Traineeships (usually 1-2 years of training)
- Horticulture (Arboriculture)
- Business Administration
- Library and Information Services
- Human Resources
- Accountings and Finance
- Health and Fitness
- Tourist Parks Operations
Benefits for Trainees, Apprentices and Cadets
The benefits and working conditions we offer our trainees, apprentices and employees include:
- Valuable on-the-job training with experienced people
- Job rotation into various sections of Council broadening your experience base
- Generous starting salary plus annual pay increment depending on performance
- Financial assistance towards University or TAFE enrolments fees
- Paid study leave to attend lectures, tutorials and exams