To foster sustainable management of Shoalhaven’s natural resources including floodplains, coast and estuaries.
Role of Committee
- Provide overall guidance for the management of natural resource management including floodplain management, estuary management and coastal zone management in accordance with Federal, State and Local Government Policy and Legislative instruments;
- Advise Council on natural resource management including floodplain management, estuary management and coastal zone management matters;
- Formulate agreed vision, goals, objectives, and targets sought from the Natural Resource Management Plans;
- Facilitate the preparation of Natural Resources Management Plans;
- Provides input into the identification of management options for Natural Resources Management Plans;
- Facilitate broad community consultation;
- Monitor State and Federal Government natural resource management direction and advises Council on appropriate response;
- Monitor advances in knowledge and science of natural resource management issues (such as sea level rise and climate change) and integrate this knowledge in new Natural Resource Management Plans as well as in the review of existing Plans; and
- Make recommendations for Council consideration.
Terms of Reference (PDF 129kb)