On 30 January 2018, Shoalhaven City Council resolved to introduce Webcasting of its Ordinary, Development Committee and Strategy and Asset Committee Meetings which are held in the Council Chambers at the Nowra Administrative Centre.
As a result, changes are proposed to Council's Code of Meeting Practice to address webcasting.
In summary, the changes proposed are:
1. A new Section on Webcasting of Meetings (Clause 9.12) which outlines:
- Which meetings will be webcast
- Privacy Statements relating to those in attendance, including inclusion in the Agenda, signage and announcements to be made at the commencement of a webcast meeting
- Circumstances in which webcasting may be terminated or edits or modifications made to the recordings
- Warnings about defamatory or offensive statements during meetings
2. Changes to the Deputations section of the Code with respect to members of the public who attend meetings to speak.
Find out more and provide feedback via the project page on Council's Get Involved platform...
Feedback is invited up until 5pm, Friday, 27 July 2018.