Shoalhaven City Council is advising residents that garbage and recycling kerbside collections will continue as normal over the Christmas period.
While garbage collections will remain on Christmas Day, residents are advised to ensure their garbage and recycling bins are placed out the night before collection. Collection trucks will be picking up garbage and recycling bins much earlier than normal on Christmas Day.
Residents are reminded that kerbside recycling will be collected on a weekly basis from Monday, 24 December 2018 to Friday, 1 February 2019 inclusive, returning to the normal fortnightly schedule from Monday, 4 February 2019.
Regular collection days will not change.
All Council’s Recycling and Waste Depots will close on all public holidays, (except Easter Monday for those depots with Monday Opening hours).
Additional opening days apply from Thursday, 27 December 2018 to Thursday, 31 January 2019 as follows:
- West Nowra, Huskisson and Ulladulla Recycling and Waste Depots will be open 7 days, 8am to 5pm
- Berry and Callala will be open 7 days, 8am to 4pm
- Sussex Inlet will be open 7 days, 9am to 3pm
- Bendalong will be open 5 days, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, 1pm to 5pm
- Kioloa and Kangaroo Valley will be open 5 days, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, 9am to 1pm
- Lake Conjola will be open 5 days, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, 8am to 12pm
Should residents require any additional information about Waste Services during the Christmas period, please contact Council’s Telephone on (02) 4429 3111 or go to the website