Under the GIPA Act when deciding whether or not to release information, Council must consider whether there is an overriding public interest against releasing the information.
This record contains a description of the information or type of information that has not been made publicly available as open access information.
Generally, Council does not publish as open access information:
- the plans and specifications for any residential parts of a proposed building
- any commercial information which would be likely to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it or to reveal a trade secret
- certain information relating to threatened species or the nature or location of a place or item of Aboriginal heritage
- any statements of a defamatory nature
- any information which is likely to endanger the security of any place, property or vehicle
- Orders issued under the Companion Animals Act 1998 (Refer to S89 Confidentiality).