Dogs bark for many reasons, for example:
- chained to a fixed point without enough room to move
- kept in a space which is too small
- provoked, deliberately or unintentionally by people, other animals or birds
- under exercised or lacking training
- hungry, sick, thirsty, lonely, on the wrong diet or generally neglected
How can I stop my dog from barking?
Try the following:
- Remove direct line of sight between the dog and children or animals which may provoke barking.
- Take the dog to a recognised animal trainer for specialised training to discourage bad habits.
- Keep the dog in the house or garage at night.
- Obtain advice on the correct breed of dog for the home where it is kept.