Home renovations - Shoalhaven City Council
Home renovations

Thinking of renovating? Whether it be a new deck or knocking down an old wall, there are a number of things you should consider before you start any renovation works.

Is development consent required? Before making any changes to a building, you may need to submit a development application or obtain a complying development certificate (CDC).

Have you thought about asbestos?  Buildings, houses and flats erected before the mid 1980s may contain asbestos. Find out about what you need to do to safely remove and dispose of asbestos.
Have you thought about lead paint? Lead paint is most likely to be found in houses built before 1970.  Find out about what you need to do to safely remove lead paint.


Contact Us

(02) 4429 3111
P.O. Box 42, Nowra NSW 2541 Australia
View All Contact Details

Meetings & Agendas

View all agendas and minutes for Council and Committee meetings.
Agendas & Minutes

Newsletter Signup

Signup for our In Your Neighbourhood newsletter.

© 2018 Shoalhaven City Council
Copyright  |   Privacy  |   Site Map