The Verons Estate subdivision (DP9897) at Sussex Inlet contains 32 lots and was registered in 1920.
New planning controls commenced on 31 October 2014
The Verons Estate rezoning (Amendment No. 1 to SLEP 2014) was notified on 5 September and commenced on 31 October 2014. The amendment gives effect to the Planning Proposal exhibited in 2013.
Development Control Plan (DCP) 'Chapter S1' - Verons Estate
'Chapter S1 - Verons Estate' forms part of the new overall Shoalhaven DCP. Shoalhaven DCP, including Chapter S1 came into effect on 22 October 2014.
- Click here (opens new window) to go the Shoalhaven DCP page and Chapter S1. Chapter S1 provides additional objectives, controls and guidance in regard to the rezoning that commences on 31 October 2014, to enable one dwelling per lot on Lots 1 to 19. It includes details on bushfire risk management, biodiversity conservation and water quality management.
- Click here (1 mb pdf - opens new window) to view the report on the Draft DCP that was considered by Council prior to exhibition. (This includes the Draft DCP that was attached to the report.)
- Click here (1.6 mb pdf - opens new window) to view the report considered by Council on the exhibition outcomes.
Special rates commenced to upgrade the Estate's roads
In late 2016 / early 2017, landowners were asked to provide feedback on a proposed funding arrangement whereby Council would borrow $2.13M to upgrade the Estate’s roads; 83% of the repayments would be met by special rates levied on Verons Estate properties, and Council would meet 17% of the cost based on the potential benefit derived by the broader community.
Landowners were asked to provide feedback on two loan period scenarios: 10 years and 20 years, noting that the special rates would apply for the life of the loan. Just over 40% of respondents indicated that they may or will be able to pay the special rates under the 20-year loan scenario, compared to just under 30% for the 10-year loan scenario.
On 13 June 2017, Council resolved to adopt the Special Rate Variation of 13.2% approved by IPART for the 2017/18 Financial Year. The Verons Estate Road Upgrade Special Rates commenced from 1 July 2017 and will be in place for 20 years, in line with landowner feedback. Enquiries: to Council’s Rates and Revenue Unit on (02) 4429 3210.
Further information is available from the following links:
Update on Verons Estate Road Upgrades (updated 26/3/2018)
Council’s Project Delivery Unit is in the process of completing the designs and documentation in readiness for going out to tender for construction.This includes:
- stormwater hydraulic design
- geotechnical investigations
- flora and fauna surveys
The time line has been revised and it is now anticipated that construction will be completed by mid 2019.Further updates will be provided in due course.
Further information on Verons Estate and the rezoning investigations is available below: