Council has recently received a package of planning information relating to the Moss Vale Road North (MVRN) Urban Release Area (URA) from the Moss Vale Road North Owners Group. The draft package of information has been prepared following Council’s decision in August 2017 to commence the detailed planning work for the MVRN URA.
A report on the package of information was considered at Council’s Development & Environment Committee Meeting on Tuesday 6 August 2019.
The Committee resolved (MIN19.533) that Council:
- Acknowledge the work undertaken by the proponent group and give ‘in-principle’ support to the current package of information for the Moss Vale Road North Urban Release Area being used as the basis for the detailed supporting plans, including the Planning Proposal Background Report being used as the basis for preparing a Planning Proposal to amend Shoalhaven Local Environmental Plan 2014.
- Prepare and submit the Planning Proposal to the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment for Gateway determination and if necessary, receive a further report following receipt of the Gateway determination.
- Formally commence the preparation of a Development Control Plan Chapter and Contributions Plan for the Moss Vale Road North Urban Release Area as required by Part 6 of Shoalhaven Local Environmental Plan 2014.
- Continue to work with the Moss Vale Road North Owners Group to discuss opportunities highlighted in the report and resolve the issues identified in this report and through initial staff referrals as the Planning Proposal, Development Control Plan Chapter and Contributions Plan are advanced and prepared.
- Investigate biodiversity certification for the Urban Release Area with a further report to be provided to Council in due course.
- Investigate the preparation of an affordable housing contribution scheme under the SEPP 70 Affordable Housing (Revised Schemes) for the Urban Release Area and opportunities more generally to ensure affordable housing outcomes in the area.
- Investigate and report back on potential suburb naming options for the Moss Vale Road North and Moss Vale Road South Urban Release Areas.
Council will now commence work on the draft Planning Proposal, Development Control Plan Chapter and Contributions Plan.
A formal opportunity to provide comments and feedback will be provided during the public exhibition of the PP, DCP and CP. Refer to Council’s Get Involved Page for updates.