Within the Shoalhaven there are restrictions on taking alcohol into or consuming alcohol in some public places. The intention is to prevent anti-social behaviour caused by the consumption of alcohol and to improve public safety.
Types of restrictions
Alcohol Free Zones (AFZ)* prohibit the consumption alcohol on specified roads, footpaths and car parks and apply 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Alcohol Free Zones are intended to prevent street drinking and improve public safety by minimizing chances of anti social behavior and alcohol-related crime on the streets.
Alcohol Prohibited Areas (APA) prohibit the consumption of alcohol in parks, beaches, reserves and ovals between specified signed hours. However, Alcohol Prohibited Areas may be 24 hour prohibited.
The same penalties apply for both alcohol-free zones and alcohol-prohibited areas.
Alcohol Prohibited Areas between 10pm – 8am.
All public reserves located within the Shoalhaven Local Government Area that are within the care and control of Council (except for booked community halls, showgrounds & clubrooms).
Alcohol Prohibited Areas (APA) - 24 Hours
- Basin View boat ramp area
- Washerwomen’s Beach Reserve and Bendalong Boat Ramp
CALLALA BAY AND CALLALA BEACH
- Toilet area and reserve at the end of Callala Beach Road
- Callala Bay Yacht Club reserve
- Reserve at the Southern end of Lackersteen Street Callala Bay Surf Club
- Tilbury Reserve and Wheelers Park at the eastern end of Penguin Head Road
- Warraine Beach reserve
- Lakeside Park to the south of East Crescent, Culburra Beach
- Abrahams Bosom Beach reservre
- Dolphin Reserve at the western end of Piscator Avenue, Currarong
- Reserve situated to the north of Greenwell Point Wharf and grassland reserve behind the public pool to the south of the wharf.
- White Sands Park, Huskisson
- Huskisson Sports Fields/Oval - Alcohol prohibited area for the duration of the Huskisson Carnival during December and January annually.
- Moona Moona Creek Reserve, Huskisson
- Voyager Park, the foreshore in front of Huskisson Hotel and Huskisson RSL on 24 December (Christmas Eve), 31 December (New Years Eve), 1 January (New Years Day) and 26 January (Australia Day).
- O’Hara Head Reserve, Kioloa at the eastern end of Scerri Drive, in the vicinity of the coastal patrol building and boat ramps
- Lake Conjola reserve adjacent to the boat ramp at the eastern end of Lake Entrance Road, Conjola
- Merry Beach reserveat the southern end of Merry Beach Road
- Pretty Beach reserve at the southern end of Pretty Beach
- Mollymook Beach reserve in the vicinity of the Mollymook Surf Club
- North Mollymook Beach area adjacent to Beach Road, Mollymook and Mitchell Parade reserve and car parks
- Collier’s Beach Reserve to the south at the end of Burleigh Way, Mollymook
- Narrawallee Creek Reserve situated at the northern end of Matron Porter Drive.
- Greys Beach Reserve on the northern side of the Shoalhaven River
- Paringa Park reserve
- Reserve at the Orient Point boat ramp
- Paradise Beach Reserve
- Palm Beach Reserve
- Gumley Reserve in the vicinity of the Shoalhaven Heads Surf Club and the River Road boat ramp.
- The car park and jetty area at the southern end of Jerry Bailey Road and River Road intersection
- Shoalhaven Heads Skate Park
- Ulladulla Harbour Foreshore area and Rotary Park to the north of the harbour
- Sea Pool Reserve to the south of the harbour